Tuesday, May 26, 2020

The time I nearly got stung by a stingray.

The time I nearly got stung by a stingray 

In 2016 when I was six years old my family friends and my family decided we were going to Goat Island. I was exuberant that I could spend time with my family and friends, but fate had set an obstacle for me that I didn’t know about. 


The trip to Goat island was lingering like a shadow in the daytime.  However, the lush foliage and nature around us were breath-taking. There were crickets chirping all around us like we were in a 360 Dolby Atmos theatre and the sun was a satellite image of las vegas at night.   By the time we got there the place was crowded like times square in New York.


After I got changed into my togs, I was brave enough to go in the water.  I slowly progressed into the water because it was freezing like the Alps in south-central Europe. When I finally warmed up in the water there were lots of people splashing so I couldn’t hear anything. Apparently, my family were calling out to me because there was a siren… 


I started to panic, there were people petrified but my soul went out of my body I was just standing still hands numb, feet trembling like a building about to collapse and my mind blank. Finally, my family friend saw me and he called out “Arhan stingray.” My mind decided to switch on again. I saw the stingrays tail, shaken I sprinted out of the water like I was in the Berlin Olympics running for first place. Before the stingray stung me, I luckily escaped this tragedy and a sigh of relief spread across my face. 


As I was walking back to the car my friend’s dad said I was very lucky to have dodged the attack of the stingray and so was I. Next time a siren goes of on a beach or anywhere I will make sure to immediately get out of the area because I do not want to get into a situation like this again. 



  

1 comment:

  1. I like how you used different language features like similies and adjectives. Next time you could add more of a variety of punctuation.
    Anika

    ReplyDelete